Game studio / IT work
I'm currently available both for hire and for consultancy work in all categories mentioned on this site.
I also have a blog.
I have a passion for optimizing the bang per buck in a system.
I thoroughly enjoy tinkering with automating deployments.
Proper CI starts with a developer-side pre-commit hook.
All the Agile/TDD/CI you do will always let something slip through - reporting and metrics are the key.
There is a lot of merit in offloading as much as possible to the client side.
I have no problems with the idea of mixing new and old ideas; ie. I prefer using real hardware for the bulk traffic and cloud services for helping with peak loads.
I actually like XML.
- Devops experience, general UNIX - oldschool or modern
- IPv4 and IPv6 /w iptables and (RHEL) firewall-cmd
- Apache Traffic Server
- MySQL / Percona
- Digital Ocean
- Plain old hardware
- Instancing static files / CDN setups
- CI experience /w automatic deployments
- Jenkins (hosting /w Jetty)
- XCode Server
- Python 2 / 3 experience
- Ruby experience
- Can touch PHP projects
- Optimizing hosting costs
- Migrating to new environments
- Keeping old legacy projects as-is and still working in your new modern intranet
- New shiny things I'd be interested in
- Building something latency-aware and intercontinental